Learn more about the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA)
What Services does WIOA Step Up provide?
This program is designed for 14 - 24 year olds to ...
- Help you attain your GED or HS Diploma by connecting you to tutoring services and other supportive programs.
- Connect you to paid and unpaid work experience (such as paid internships, apprenticeships, and job shadowing) at places like Angels of Hope Thrift Store, McKinleyville Community Services District and more!
- Cover costs of Live Scans, Background Checks, as well as trainings needed for employment, such as CPR, First Aid, Food Handler's Certification etc.
- One on One Resume Building and Revision
- Practice Interviews
- Financial Empowerment/ Financial Literacy training (how to save, budget, complete taxes, apply for financial aid)
- Leadership development
- Supportive services (transportation assistance, housing assistance, school/work clothing allowance, textbook costs, classroom materials costs etc.)
- Get you connected to local resources, substance abuse counseling, mental health services, food security etc.
We create a service plan that is individualized to your wants, needs, and goals.
Am I Eligible?
WIOA eligibility requirements are included in the fact sheet below.
Eligibility requires verification - If you need assistance gathering necessary documents like ID cards, birth certificates and social security cards, please feel free to reach out to our Case Manager.
Print Application here!
Here is an application you can fill out, save and turn in via email!
Call or Text our Case Manager Cassandra at (707) 630 2922 or send an email over to [email protected].
Go to the CalJobs website to create an account! You can also begin an online pre-application there.